cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Control App

hindey100
Joining in

Hi there, 

I’ve recently upgraded my box from TiVo to V6. I have also upgraded my router, having upgraded to faster Broadband.

Previously I was able to use my TV control App with no worries. 

However, now it asks me to re-scan, but when I do re-scan, it can’t find my new box.

Also, I’ve noticed on the settings screen that it still refers to TiVo.

Any idea how I fix this? I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, but no success.

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your V6 connected to your homehub - is it wirelessly, or using an Ethernet cable?

Further, can you use OnDemand services on your V6? They use the same connection.

The V6 uses TiVo software, hence the logo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

The box is connected to the router using one of those yellow Ethernet cables.

I can access the on demand services.

Ah ok, wasn’t aware of that

HI hindey100, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

Are you using the latest version of the app?

Have you now been able to use the control app or are you still having issues with this?

Please let me know?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris

I believe so yes. I have even deleted the App (and all data) and reinstalled it.

Unfortunately however, I am still unable to connect to my TV Box to control the TV, set recordings etc. When I am at home, it lets me set up streaming; however, when I am away from my home, I cannot use the control App as it says that it is having trouble communicating with the TV Box.

The info icon at the bottom has the exclamation mark on it. When I am at home, I click on it and then click on re-scan, but it cannot seem to connect to the TV Box.

It's really frustrating as I like to have the ability to stick something on record if I am away from home.

I'm really not sure how to fix this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the power-saving options on your V6. They need to be set to either always-on, or "Connected low power"

If you use "Eco low-power", this disables remote access to your V6.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

Thanks for your message.

I have checked that and it is set to 'always on'

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating your thread. We're sorry to hear this is a continued issue for you. 

Can you check that the Network Remote Control setting is enabled on the Virgin TV box. To do this follow these steps:

1. Press Home on the remote, then go to Help & Settings > Settings > Network Remote Control
  2. Choose Allow network-based remote controls then follow the onscreen instructions

If you're still having an issue using the app after this, try having a look here. There is lots of information and troubleshooting steps to get things back on track and working. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs