Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports HD channels not working

Cars4
Joining in

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had a second TV box installed in October. 
since then I have NEVER had my sky sports HD channels work.. I’ve been going round in circles since then on the phone to virgin who keep raising it with IT but they keep saying it is fixed when it isn’t.. Can someone please help? 

I have all my other HD channels working, what is weirder is that I have two sky sports channels working.. sky sports news HD and sky sports mix HD work. But none of the other Sky Sports HD channels do.. it says I have to subscribe error code V56  

any help is appreciated! Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports Mix HD & News HD are a strange quirk in that they're not part of the Sky Sports pack but classed under the entertainment genre and historically fall under the Maxit TV tier.

Do you pay for the Sky Sports HD supplement? You've mentioned having a second box - do these channels work on either of your V6? If you don't have access on either, I would suspect you don't have SS-HD on your package.

If they work on one, but not the other, the initial check is to refresh your EPG using Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. If that fails to rectify, yours will be an account-specific issue which VM will need to rectify.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports Mix HD & News HD are a strange quirk in that they're not part of the Sky Sports pack but classed under the entertainment genre and historically fall under the Maxit TV tier.

Do you pay for the Sky Sports HD supplement? You've mentioned having a second box - do these channels work on either of your V6? If you don't have access on either, I would suspect you don't have SS-HD on your package.

If they work on one, but not the other, the initial check is to refresh your EPG using Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. If that fails to rectify, yours will be an account-specific issue which VM will need to rectify.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello. 

Thank you for your response.

I never knew that about the news and mix so thank you for that information. I do have sky sports HD channels on my downstairs box too, they work fine. When I click on a sky hd channel I don’t have to  “subscribe” it shows that I am already subscribed to sky sports hd so it’s really odd
Thank you, I have tried what you suggested and still no luck,

I will keep ringing and hope for a fix 

thanks again for your reply