cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

amoltu
Joining in

My Netflix account seems to have been hacked.
Couldn't log in on my phone & when I got home I tried to login on my V6 but found a totally different email to mine.

Contacted Netflix who talked me through resetting my Netflix account through the recovery page on Virgin. They advised to use a different email so set my work email and password. So far so good. Able to log in on my phone & PC. But when I try and connect to the Virgin Box it asks me to scan a QR code, when I do and follow the link, it asks me to update my household, wanting to update my Firestick (Tricky as the one I had it died a while ago). Presumably this refers to the one belonging to whoever hacked me.

It then gets stuck at this point, doesn't ask me to update my other V6.

On the myvirgin media the recovery page doesn't seem to work.

Do I need to change my Netflix account email back to the original one? (the same as the one I use for my Virgin media account)

Andy

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @amoltu,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for this post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your Netflix account.

With this if your Netflix is paid through us but set up with Netflix the email shouldn't matter, however if this was included as part of your package we would advise making sure the email is set up to the one use on your MYVM account.

Joe

It is part of my VM package.

I've now got it back working on my VM boxes. Found a rogue Fire TV amongst the devices via the Netflix app. Presumably this is the one the hacked Netflix account tried to register. Booted that off and logged in without issue.

I will leave it a few days and reset the account email to my home one when I'm sure no further hacks or misuse of my email address is occuring.

Hi @amoltu, thank you for your response.

We're glad to hear Netflix is working again on your set top boxes. If you encounter any further problems, please let us know.

Regards,
Daniel