cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to reset the V6 box

Devro
Tuning in

Hi all 

Update to 360 went wrong so in an attempt to fix I had to reset the box. I now have an unknown box that needs a service number. I have looked on my VM account and cannot done where I can enter it. it won't load the apps menu so I can do the 360 upgrade without it.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Devro

Try the following, it's worked for some forum members.

Turn off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should  reset and boot up normally

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Devro

Try the following, it's worked for some forum members.

Turn off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should  reset and boot up normally

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dave 

I have done this but it won't now recognise the box. It says I need to go to virginmedia.com/tvcode to activate it but when I do it goes to a different page for error codes. If I can somehow enter the activation code it could work.   

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you mean a verification code which is 847446, as in the screenshot below?

Watch the video <<< here >>>  from around 1 minute 30 seconds in it shows you what to press tso you can enter the verification code on the box

upgrade v6.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Dave 

Unfortunately not. During the upgrade something went wrong and I had to reset the box. it is now no longer registered on my account. I Have the account number to enter to activate it but no idea how to do it.    

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the box

Have your account and area number handy, and the box serial number which should be on the bottom 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Dave 

Thank you so much for the help. Engineer will be with us tomorrow.  

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Devro,

Thank you for your reply, please let us know how your visit goes 🙂 

Zoie

The visit was excellent. The fault was actually the box I am told. some boxes take the upgrade, some don't. It had nothing to do with what I did.     

Hi @Devro,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that the team were able to address and resolve the fault during their visit.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!