cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN I SWITCH OFF VIRGIN MEDIA STORE AND PAY PER VIEW?

JB06
Joining in

Is there any way of switching off pay per view movies and sports?

I have a disabled family member who has most of his favourite films recorded on the boxes around the house. Due to recent changes to channel number, some films are no longer available. As he is used to having permanent access to these films he is now just clicking on the buy option instead. He does not have the mental capacity to understand money, charges, fees etc. He just sees it is beng available if he clicks elsewhere! 

The parental control option is not viable as he needs this to watch some of his films as they were recorded after 8pm at night. 

I have seen in other questions that some people get 'Purchases restricted' when trying to make purchases and wondered if this could be turned on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can close your VM Store account by emailing customerservice@virginmediastore.com ​with your contact details.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try Home > Help & Settings > Purchase Controls

Also consider changing your TV PIN, although it may mean your having to enter it when watching particular programmes outside of their protected hours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Sadly my disabled family member needs to know the PIN as they need it to watch some of their recorded films. I think anything recorded after 8pm, even if family or PG equivalent, needs the PIN entered to be viewed. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case you will need to do one of two things..

1: Have total control over your TV box by changing the PIN and having to enter it every time.

2: Keep as-is, but you have to accept the risk of unwanted purchases.

The PIN is the same for purchases and age-restrictions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You can close your VM Store account by emailing customerservice@virginmediastore.com ​with your contact details.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection