cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box sometimes crashes on start up

wisedroid
Up to speed

Hello

I've had an issue for a while and can't seem to find any other similar reports. When switching on, the light goes from red to white but then sometimes nothing happens. If I leave it for 5 minutes, eventually the light goes amber and it goes through the boot up process and then works normally.

Previously had the box replaced and the issue came back. Does not happen on our upstairs one, have tried swapping power supplies, HDMI leads. I am wondering if it is a compatibility issue with our TV... but I've had V6 boxes attached to it since they first came out.

Only other thing I could think is if this behaviour would occur due to a signal issue?

Appreciate your help as always,

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If only one of your V6 are affected, it rules out an external signal issue. Swapping the two around and seeing if the fault moves, would eliminate box vs cabling problem.

You seem to be describing a box that's rebooting when it comes out of standby, in which case trying alternative power-saving options is another thing to try.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thank you - good shout - I’ll try swapping the boxes and see what happens