cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin360 and Logitech Harmony remote - missing commands

ap823
Joining in

I have recently upgraded by V6 box (Arris) to Virgin360 software and received a new Virgin360 remote. Found very useful posts in this forum saying that to make my Logitech Harmony Remote work the Virgin box now needs to be setup as Ziggo Mediabox Next in MyHarmony configuration. Now Harmony remote works well for most commands, however there are a few buttons missing in the Harmony database – Home, Last channel, TV, Profiles, Context”…”  (an I think I cannot teach Harmony these commands as the virgin360 remote is not IR based)

Did anyone manage to get these buttons work on a Harmony remote? Or does anyone have any suggestions to try?

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello pa823.

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Regarding our 360 remote, It's RF only between the 360 remote and the box. The IR signal only works to operate the standby button and volume control.

With the Logitech remote you have being classed as a 3rd party device, We are not able to offer as much support as we would like to.

We do hope you get to the bottom of this and find a way to programme the missing commands.

If we can help with anything else? please let us know.

Gareth_L

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm assuming the old V6 remote cannot control the 360 software update?  If it does, is the old V6 unit IR?  If so, you may be able to programme the Harmony that way?

I'm a big fan of the Harmony and was bitterly disappointed when they ceased production.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks