cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote not working on new samsung tv

chelsian
On our wavelength

Hi, just purchased a new Samsung tv, while setting it up it’s trying to connect to the box using the tv app which I thought was great, one remote to control everything. That’s where the excitement ended, it didn’t connect to the arris 360 box at all, I tried everything! The box number is DCX960/KK0B/N215/1000

any ideas how I can get this working? The tv recognises the code, but when it asks to switch channels nothing happens. 
thanks 

Ian 

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey chelsian, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see your remote is not pairing up with the box.

Speaking from personally experience these are touch and go.

What error code is it giving you when this happens and also does it let you do anything? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

roy247
Superstar

Hi chelsian,

If you are trying to pair your Samsung TV's smart remote to the 360 try using Pace DCR7111 that used to work but then seemed to stop working for some people but there has been recent post's saying it is working again, possibly Samsung software updates to the TV.

My LG TV is paired with Ziggo Set-Top showing for the 360 other people use Ziggo Mediabox Next for their TV's.

chelsian
On our wavelength

Thanks will give that a go tomorrow and see if it works 👍🏻

Hi Matt, 

I don’t get an error code, it asks me contantly to try and pair by moving the channels up and down but just doesn’t pair up, 

thanks Ian 

chelsian
On our wavelength

No, the pace set up doesn’t work I am afraid 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ian,

I'm not sure if this will make any difference, but is your Samsung remote using bluetooth or IR?

The following poster managed to get their Samsung set up using Pace  DCR7111 as did the next poster last week.

/TV360-Samsung-Smart-Remote/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Craigthommo
Tuning in

Hi there I had the exact problem but a Google search directed me to a you tube video from netti gaming and it solves it, select arris then DCX960 then scroll down to the bottom to more codes then select the second code and bang bobs yer uncle, it works, code is DCX960/KKOT/A816/0000

Just stumbled across your suggestion and it's saved me going round in circles, thanks!