cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Warranty

kapendak
Joining in

Hi,

I contacted Virgin on 22/12/23 to try to get help with my phone having issues charging. I was told I can get my device repaired under warranty or my virgin protect insurance. I'm not able to make a claim under my insurance because they advised this is covered under my warranty. Though, when I contacted Virgin to enquire about getting my phone repaired under my warranty I received little help, after which I submitted a complaint.

I received a missed call from your customer resolution centre on 30/01/24. When I tried to call back no one was available to speak to and I was told someone would be in touch. I later received what appears to be an automated response letter a month after I raised my initial complaint dated 30/01/24 stating that my complaint had been closed and I wouldn't be able to get my device fixed because it was no longer under warranty. However, the letter goes on to confirm that my warranty doesn't expire until 06/06/24 this year. I was advised to contact the Financial Ombudsman but I'm surprised by this suggestion after confirming my device is still under warranty.

I've tried calling several times and each time I've been told to wait for someone to contact me but I've had no response. I received a blank letter today (08/02/24) with no official letterhead addressed to me with a pamphlet for the Financial Ombudsman. I raised my initial complaint because of the poor customer service I had received when I called your customer service team and it appears I'm now getting misinformation and oddly passive aggressive letters. I have not been able to speak to anyone that can help me by contacting your team.

I've been a long standing customer for many years and I'm disappointed by the level of service I've received. I'm confused as to why I'm being redirected to contact the Financial Ombudsman when this is something that is covered under my warranty. I kindly seek your assistance in resolving this matter and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely

Kapenda Katebe

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kapendak,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear of the issue you've had regards the phones warranty, so I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm