cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken phone - who is responsible?!

Rumple23
Joining in

Hi! I'm looking for some help with my virgin mobile and can't seem to get anywhere. My handset has broken and I have been to Apple who have said that the phone was faulty and even though I am out of warranty, I should be entitled to a repair or replacement due to consumer law (I have the paper work from Apple to pass on). However, when I call vm, I am sent to o2, who insist they have no responsibility over the handset and only my sim. I have spoken to so many people and called so many numbers and no one can help me. I’ve been into the 02 store, and I’ve used the online help conversations, even Facebook to try and get help! Can I please get some advice?

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rumple23 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to reach our team regarding your broken handset. We want to do our best to help. Just to confirm, how was the device acquired with us? Was this part of a loan agreement with us? Also, when was the device taken out with us? Please note that all virgin mobile customers have been migrated to O2 as seen here This means O2 would generally deal with any mobile-related queries. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks so much for replying! 
I got the phone from virgin media, July 2022. O2 are insisting it has absolutely nothing to do with them as the loan agreement for the handset is with virgin media. 
Any advice would be really appreciated 

It is correct that the loan agreement is with Virgin Media however this typically does not cover warranty on the device. To best look into this, we are sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs