cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Switch To O2 Nightmare

TimbreWolf
Tuning in

I previously received an email from Virgin Media stating I will be switching over to O2 but I never used my Virgin Media Sim Card in the past as I already have an account with Three. I called Virgin Media and stated I did not want an O2 Sim for the reason I just stated, but despite customer support telling me it had been cancelled I received an O2 Sim and was billed from my bank account. I contacted O2 who apologised and stated they will cancel the contract and refund me my money. The whole process above was a nightmare to sort out being redirected to various people on both sides to get this task done. I have just recently received another email yet again from Virgin Media stating I would be switching over to O2 yet again so it looks like the whole process is repeating itself as I have also had an email from O2 stating they have received my order from Virgin Media. The whole thing is a bloody nightmare so would somebody please sort this out as it seems that the whole process is going around and around in circles???

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning @TimbreWolf 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. I am sorry for the confusion here.

Are you an OOMPH customer that has now moved to a Volt tariff, as the OOMPH deal has expired? If so, this would be correct but you'd have received a pre-contract email confirming all changes. 

If not changing your media bundle, then all SIM's are moving over to the O2 network, see this article 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/your-move-to-o2

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

TimbreWolf
Tuning in

Hi John here is my current package which does not show a mobile phone package. This was updated on 29th June 2023 when I spoke to customer service who informed me they had removed the mobile phone?

Screenshot from 2023-08-08 09-56-07.png

Thanks, that's a Volt package as shown in the broadband section. This means you'll have an existing o2 SIM, or have taken one out. If you wish to discuss this further and go to a non-Volt tariff, please call our team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 4. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks I will give them a call and keep you updated.