cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split port

Janetpettitt
Joining in

Hello

ive just transferred network and think I have a split port, I can phone out but no one can call me. I also can’t receive text messages.

😞 please help

8 REPLIES 8

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JanettPettitt

We're sorry to hear of the service issues since moving networks, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome  to the community.

Can you confirm if you have moved from Virgin Mobile to O2 or is this a port in from another provider to Virgin Mobile? If so, what was the date given for the migration over?

It can take the whole 24 hours for all of the details to move over and allow use of all of the features, although it is usually much quicker than this. What happens when trying to call the number? Have you tried this from a landline or other device?

Rob

Alcorn63
Joining in

Hi I am having exactly the same issue ,virgin are reporting porting complete , but ! My old supplier are adamant my no with them is still active ,anybody who calls me outside of virgin goes directly to my old voicemail on PlusNet. PlusNet have checked their system and are 100% positive it is a Split Port issue . But Virgin customer services are adamant it's not. Where do I go from here ,nobody outside of virgin can contact me ?

Hi Rob  Can you please help me ?  I am having exactly the same issue ,virgin are reporting porting complete , but ! My old supplier are adamant my  Mobile No with them is still 100% active ,anybody who calls me outside of virgin goes directly to my old voicemail on PlusNet. PlusNet have checked their system and are 100% positive it is a Split Port issue . But Virgin customer services are adamant it's not. Where do I go from here ,nobody outside of virgin can contact me  via text or voice . It's a brand new Virgin SIM only account & a brand new SIM 

Hi Alcorn63,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear no one is able to contact you outside Virgin, when was the number ported into us?

Regfards

Paul.

Hi Paul SIM activated 22nd porting reported completed 23rd  it still no incoming text or voice today . 

Have you tried removing the Sim them put it back in then do a manual Network search?

Regards

Paul.

Yes & tried in 3 different phones , the trouble is when someone outside of Virgin calls it goes directly to Old PlusNet account as it hasn't been ported correctly . i.e Split Port issue . PlusNet have confirmed the number is still active with them ?

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Janetpettitt.

Thanks for getting back to us. In order to assist you further we will need to bring you in for a private message. Please lookout for the envelope on the top right of your browser, or if you are using a mobile device it will be under your profile icon.

Sabrina