cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get Wi-Fi calling enabled, unlocked google pixel 5

Ma55duh
Joining in

Having ported over to Virgin from Vodafone 2 days ago on a 1 month sim only contract (just to see what the service was like before committing further), I’ve lost the Wi-Fi calling setting from my phone (an unlocked google pixel 5, fully up to date).

I called to have Wi-Fi calling enabled but still no joy (unless it’s not been setup). I’m in a network black spot so need Wi-Fi calling for the phone to be usable.

In the absence of an up to date list of phones that support Wi-Fi calling I have a horrible feeling I’m going to have to port to another network/back to Vodafone unless someone can help me out. I’ve read all sorts of views on the matter e.g. it’s to do with the router, you need a ‘purple sim card’, it works in airplane mode etc but nothing seems definitive and I still can’t get it to work/see the setting in my phone. Help!

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It will need enabling on your account. It's not on by default

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It was allegedly already enabled via phone call to 789 on Saturday. 

Hey @Ma55duh,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue, if you have phoned up and discussed getting this to work, what you may now need to do is perform a full reboot of your phone, you should then see the option to enable WIFI calling from within your device once we have activated it from our side.

Can you confirm if you have rebooted you device since you had this activated? Also can you confirm that it has the most up to date software installed.

Cheers. Joe

Hi @Joseph_B,

everything's bang up to date on the phone. It's been rebooted several times under several conditions i.e. connected to WiFi, connected to network (where I can get the signal in local town) and there's still no WiFi calling setting showing. Is there a way if confirming if the setup has occurred on the VM side? If i called on Saturday, could it be the 'work' wouldn't occur until today?

Thanks

Hey @Ma55duh,

Thanks for confirming his for me, it shouldn't take till today to process as the systems work the same over the weekend, what I can do for you is go about clearing you through security in a quick private message so that I can review the account for you.

If you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Cheers. Joe