cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13$ overcharge for 500k data

kriyapedo
Joining in

My dad bought a mobile phone from virgin. I was with them and we told them he only needed to talk to the phone sometimes, when he goes on the road for work and needs it in case something goes wrong.

So we took the cheapest plan possible (25$/month, which is already much for he'll use it for), comes with unlimited calls and texts, but no data. All good, he won't use it for internet.

Thing is, even if he doesn't go on the internet, the phone seems to be using data for updates and such (google photo, the OS itself, etc.). I tried to block everything, but even then it seems it still uses data when we don't want to.

Just paid the monthly bill for December. 13$ overcharge for a total of 500kb of data used in the month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your reference to dollars makes me suspect you're not in the UK. This forum is for Virgin Media customers in the UK only, and in the case of mobile, those have now been migrated to O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your reference to dollars makes me suspect you're not in the UK. This forum is for Virgin Media customers in the UK only, and in the case of mobile, those have now been migrated to O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks