cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viaplay schedule

jellyroll
Tuning in

I subscribe to Viaplay through my Virgin TV account. The Viaplay schedule on the Viaplay website shows live French TOP14 rugby at 20:00 tonight but this is not listed on the schedule on my TV. Is this programme available and, if so, how can I watch it?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're doing better than me in finding this match listed on the Viaplay website - I thought Premier/Viaplay's rights expired at the end of the 2023 season.

That said, TiVo software does allow you to set manual recordings for any programme not listed on the VM-EPG. Follow Home > My Shows > Manual recording

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The Schedule is at Stream live sports online - Stream sports online (viaplay.com)  Scroll down to look for a very small "Schedule" on the right of the screen. I have tried your suggestion but the rugby is not listed on either of 551 or 552 which are the Viaplay channels. Now I think about it, I'm sure there used to be 3 Premier/Viaplay channels, one of which was free, I think. This has disappeared off the channel listing on Virgin's website. I don't know if that's relevant. This is not the first time I've had this problem and I have, in the past, tried to use the red button but that doesn't work either.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There did indeed used to be 3 Viaplay broadcast channels - 1, 2, and Extra which was a FTV (free-to-view) carry-over from "Freesports". It's been recently closed by Viaplay.

If they are streaming this match, then by definition that's not a linear broadcast channel that will either be listed on the EPG or thus be recordable. You'd need to use Viaplay's app to watch this, which I don't believe is inclusive with a VM subscription.

This is an inherent problem when live events are not on linear broadcast channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks