Tech Chatter
For all digital device, tablet, computer and tech talk.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What was your first computer?

I recently reminisced about my first computer, an Amiga 600 in the mid-90s. I'm sure you've all had some weird and wonderful systems over the years, but what was the first? What was good (or not so good) about it? Personally I loved playing Settlers ...

Kev_B by Community Manager (Retired)
  • 125 replies
  • 4 kudos

Your experience with cable from early days

I thought I'd start a thread for those who'd like to share their experience of their early days on cable.I was living in the London Borough of Haringey and around 1989 Cable London started to dig up the roads and pavements for their ducts. A few shor...

Hub 5 Firmware Upgrade

Had a Firmware upgrade pushed out this morning at 00:17  Service was resumed about 6 minutes later according to my Router emails.Now at LG-RDK_7.6.15-2306.5No idea what the changes are however as I use modem mode.

Adduxi by Very Insightful Person
  • 130 replies
  • 1 kudos

Plex thumbnails lost using a Hub 5

hey guys, any idea what is happening here please?Hub 5 in modem mode, everything OK, all my Plex thumbnails appear on my TV.   Hub 5 in Router mode and I lose all my Plex thumbnails on my TV.   This only happens to my account thumbnails where my NAS ...

gordiegb by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Worth switching to Youfibre?

I’ve been with Virgin for nearly 8 years and frankly tired of the cancellation dance every 18 months. My contract ends in June and they have started to contact me with deals to renew. I’ve said no a few times but I must have had at least 20 calls fro...

andej by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Damaged Cabinet, no doors, exposed cables.

Not sure if this is correct board, hopefully someone from Virgin will pick it up and pass it on.The cabinet on Caterham Drive, corner of The Glade Coulsdon CR5 has no doors and all cabling is hanging out and exposed.Thanks

IMG_2064.jpeg
Suzyd1 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light hub3

HelloMy hub3 is showing a constant red light not a bright white oneI have tried all the fixes and nothing changesIs it possible for a moderator to arrange a replacement modem pleasethank you   

rolex_ by Tuning in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5/Worcester Bosch EasyControl

Hi There,Hope someone can help.  We have recently set up a new Virgin Media Hub 5 and all seems to be be fine apart from I can’t connect my Worcester Bosch EasyControl (for the combi boiler) to it.  The EasyControl was working fine with the previous ...

IMG_3953.png
tina-d by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! TV: Where's it going?

I ditched VM TV many moons ago and use Freeview via a rooftop aerial and a vintage Humax box plus apps (BBC, Now, Disney) on my 6 year old smart TV.I admit to being behind the curve on where TV is going. My decade old aerial seems a bit knackered as ...

Interview for Virgin Media O2

Hi! Has anyone recently had an interview in the uk for virgin media O2? I recently attended a face-to-face interview for a field technician role after getting through the phone interview. This was over 2 weeks ago and was told I would hear back withi...

nusaka by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos