cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving VM - has anyone else got problems with the messaging serviced?

disappointed6
Tuning in

I've tried to use their messaging service but lo' and behold it's malfunctioning. I've even tried switching the internet off and on to clear but still can't speak to anyone. I'd prefer online, as the last time I couldn't understand what the hell the guy was saying. At least with text you can really consider the response, where as phoning isn't as good, for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Simple case of too many people trying to contact VM at the moment using VM's inadequate customer services interfaces.

What is it you are trying to contact VM about specifically? Leaving but considering renewal, leaving and just wish to cancel or some or combo/options of these?

If you simply wish to leave with no further discussion with VM ...

You can cancel your services by post as per info below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Use a first-class, signed-for delivery service. This will give you a date/time of delivery when you gave VM your 30 days’ notice to cancel. Also keep a record of the tracking number.

If you cancel during a minimum term period VM may charge you early disconnection fees.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Simple case of too many people trying to contact VM at the moment using VM's inadequate customer services interfaces.

What is it you are trying to contact VM about specifically? Leaving but considering renewal, leaving and just wish to cancel or some or combo/options of these?

If you simply wish to leave with no further discussion with VM ...

You can cancel your services by post as per info below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Use a first-class, signed-for delivery service. This will give you a date/time of delivery when you gave VM your 30 days’ notice to cancel. Also keep a record of the tracking number.

If you cancel during a minimum term period VM may charge you early disconnection fees.

Thanks so much, that's very helpful.

Client62
Legend

The Whatapp chatbot is designed to waste hours of your time.  You have been warned !

Thanks, i've experienced that. I'm just writing and cancelling as suggested and getting the hell out of here! How on earth this company gets away with their low class service and questionable business practices is beyond me. 

Dissatisfied991
Joining in

I’ve had exactly the same problem, but since the 6/9/23. I’ve even written to them to cancel (I have proof of postage) but they choose to ignore that too. I can’t get through via phone or chat, I’ll write once more and if that doesn’t work I’ll use a solicitor. The ombudsman can’t help because Virgin won’t reply to my complaints and they can only look into it after 8 weeks anyway, it’ll have cost me over £120 by then in payments for a service I can’t use.