cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe option not working

Tireoghain
Joining in

I have tried to get this going but to no avail. I need this to work. What is the problem with it? I have tried everything I can at this stage and need help to get it running.

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To troubleshoot this issue first confirm the device from which Child Safe is not working is correctly configured to use Virgin Media's DNS. To do this go to https://1.1.1.1/help and confirm the AS Name vaue show is Virgin Media.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

It doesn't work from any device so I take it this has to be a router issue. Going around each device to ammend settings is hardly the answer when they can be switched back easily.

Client62
Legend

Child Safe is DNS filter, it is not implemented in the VM Hub.

Any tools that use an alternative DNS or are a VPN like Apple Relay / Private Browsing will bypass Child safe.

What type of devices are you using ? ( E.g. Apple / Android / Windows )  

We have a range of devices. Windows laptops, Mac books, android phones. No devices are set to use alternate DNS or VPN. The system just dosent work. Possibly best to move to a provider that has a system that actually works without being a rocket scientist.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

No need to be a rocket scientist to change hub to modem mode and get your own router to set DNS to 1.1.1.3.or 1.0.0.3

---------------------------------------------------------------