cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pending : adding soon" for Sky channels

fitzged73
Joining in

Hi, I tried to add Sky Sports 2 days ago via the Stream box but got stuck with the pending adding soon message,  even though I received email notification everything was correctly added.  After contacting support on the chat I had a we can't do anything, wait 24 hours response.... no change after 24 hours so I tried to switch to sports + cinema - this managed to cancel the original sports only request, but is now also stuck on pending on the app and adding... on the stream box.   How long do I need to wait, or is something just not syncing properly?

Cheers for any help!

10 REPLIES 10

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fitzged73 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your issues with adding Sky Sports to your package through your stream box. I can see on the systems at our side that you have spoken with the team who have raised this to the 2nd line faults to investigate further. 

They should respond in the next 5 working days. Were you looking to watch something that showing soon on Sky Sports? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, no I can wait for the issue to be looked knto further thanks!

In this case, Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help and we will do our best to help from here.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

fitzged73
Joining in

I can see the subscription in the app and on the stream box now, but the channels are still all greyed out - any help?

Hi @fitzged73,

We're sorry about this. To confirm, is this issue ongoing for you today? If so, are you seeing an error with adding the subscription on both the Stream box and also via the My Virgin Media online account?

If you are, can you confirm the error message that's appearing, if any?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, yes this is ongoing.  The subscription is now active as far as the app and the stream box see, but all sky sports and cinema channels are greyed out in the stream TV guide, and it will only allow me to try and subscribe again, no error messages.  I have an open case still. 

Thanks!

Thanks for this @fitzged73,

Can you confirm with this, have you rebooted the boxes fully at all and checked that they have the most recent update on the system? Can you also confirm when you last heard from the team handling your case?

Joe

fitzged73
Joining in

Hi yes I did a full hard reset at the weekend.  I last spoke to support on Sat 20 April - they said the case had been closed as I had missed a call.  They also said they had got back in touch with tech support and to expect a phone call... 4 days ago.  I'll soon just be giving up , I can't quite understand how adding a channel subscription can be this difficult .

Thanks 

fitzged73
Joining in

Still not fixed.  Still no contact from the technical support team.  Does the call centre and the tech support team have communication issues?  All very disappointing.