cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box picture frozen at the end of BGT on ITV1

corky123
Dialled in

Was watching BGT and when the last act got a golden buzzer the picture froze and stayed like this, even after unplugging the box and powering it back up again.

IMG_0149.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

Gdev
Joining in

Same here! Resetting box didn't fix it

TellyB
Joining in

I've seen this before. It froze on BBC1 last time. I don't think there is much us users can do. Last time virgin had to fix it.

corky123
Dialled in

Ok thanks for confirming it’s not just my end, I thought it was odd as all the other channels are fine.

seems ok this morning, but still was very inconvenient at the time.

Hi @corky123,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you had an issue with your picture recently. If this only happened on the one channel that you're aware of then it's possible that it was a broadcast related issue. It's good to hear that the issue is no longer ongoing, but if you want to see what was left of the programme then you can check for this via Catch Up.

Let us know if there's anything more we can help with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

corky123
Dialled in

Don’t believe it was a broadcast related issue as when it happened I switched over to ITVX on my ATV and carried on watching itv 1 just fine.

so it seemed to relate to the itv1 broadcast on the stream box only.

Hey @corky123 Thanks for the reply. 🧾

Are you able to reboot the entire setup including the broadband and let us know how it is after?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

corky123
Dialled in

I don’t need to do that, as mentioned earlier it was fine the following morning. I did restart the stream box when it happened on Saturday evening but this made no difference.

Hi @corky123 

Is it only on ITV where this happens or are other channels impacted?

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill