cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box not correctly linked to account at set-up and cannot add or remove services

iXNine
Dialled in

Unable to manage subscriptions via the Stream puck since receiving and setting up on Saturday 20 Jan (now Tuesday 23 Jan). It gives me an 'oops there’s been a technical glitch' popup, and suggests I go to https://www.virginmedia.com/manage-stream with the error code TS2/1/2/ERR-400/302/400.

IMG20240120130259.jpg

That web page doesn't seem to exist. This error message appears when both directly trying to subscribe via the puck via the channel information (in this case, Sky Sports) or via the Subscriptions app under the app screen, which fails to launch (the website says there should be a ‘TV upgrades’ app but that doesn’t exist). Links in your welcome email also directs to the same broken page that doesn’t exist.

Trying to add Sky Sports via https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming screen ('Add', then 'add' again in the pop-up confirmation) just bounces me back to the original page with nothing being added.

Weirdly, I DID manage to add Netflix via the puck at the time of set-up but – three days later – this is still not showing up on my online account, even though I've received a confirmation email and the service is activated on the puck. My online account says I have no subscriptions at all!

It's as if the puck and my account are in two separate realities. I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with VM on Saturday and they had no idea so escalated it to their tech department, but I still haven't heard back and nothing has changed. I tried a soft reset of the puck yesterday, but not a hard reset. I'm listing all the information I know in this post as I'm never quite sure whether phone conversations with VM mean they're understanding exactly what the issues are. Can anyone help, please?

5 REPLIES 5

Morephun
Tuning in

Good luck getting it sorted we've had issues for nearly a month now with no one knowing what to do.

Having searched through all the instances on the forums, it seems the most successful option is to have the puck re-activated from scratch resulting in another welcome email. However, getting them to do it might not be so easy. Another hour-long call today to the general help team resulted in another 24-hour callback promise from the tech team.

Annoyingly, the tech team seem reluctant to tell users what they've actually done to solve the issues in each case – a lot of user replies are saying it just started working after the tech department 'did something'. Which isn't always helpful.

iXNine
Dialled in

Just an update to help others – after another hour on the phone with VM this morning, the faults team have just called me back, asked some more questions and believe they can fix this over the next couple of days by instructing the IT team to repair/rebuild the profile that connects the puck to my account. I asked whether this issue was a mystery to them, considering that so many people on this forum find that the first tier helpline doesn't seem to know about the problem, and they said it isn't – now more people are reporting it, the better they are at diagnosing and fixing it. The person I spoke to was extremely friendly and helpful, so I'll trust the method for a little longer. One thing I discovered in our conversation that was the notes the first tier general helpline had taken weren't particularly accurate or helpful, so when you're calling to report issues at that stage make sure you tell them to type exactly what you're telling them and ask them to read it back to you before you hang up.

iXNine
Dialled in

Final update: less than 24 hours later they've rebuilt my profile and the box and my account are now properly in sync. I'm impressed that, once the faults team had finally been given the information they needed to understand the problem, they moved quickly to solve it – so a big thank you to W***** who I spoke with yesterday.

Again, I really think the biggest hurdle with faults is getting the first tier general helpline to properly document any problems you may be having, so be careful to ensure they're making notes on your account that actually reflect what you're telling them. And be nice – I've usually found that most people (yeah, not all but most) I've dealt with at VM are doing the best they can for you under their individual circumstances (and I've been with VM since the Telewest days). 🙂

Hi @iXNine 👋

Thank you so  much for the update. 

We're glad to hear the team have been able to resolve the issue for you but if you need anything else, do let us know. 

Have a lovely rest of the weekend! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs