cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefits applied but no speed boost?

Orphu
Joining in

Hi all. Looking for a VM support call back here. 
Volt benefits have been applied and shown on account, etc. M500 upgraded to Gig 1 Volt. However, speeds are consistent with what I’ve always achieved with M500 (~500Mps). Hub5 in modem mode, wired connection (min Cat6 cables), testing outside of a VPN. Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Following a change of service a restart of the Hub is required to pick up the new speed profile.

From the Hub 5 menu at http://192.168.0.1/      >>> Check Router status  >>> Configuration tab

Check the Max Traffic Rate values for the profile are as expected (the figures are in bits per second)

Hi, thanks for your reply but, respectfully, your solution is incorrect. As I stated in my op, hub is in modem, not router mode therefore the correct IP is 192.168.100.1 for those of us using our own network infrastructure with the Hub5 as a modem. 
Max download confirmed at 1.2Gbps. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Orphu.
Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums and for joining the CM community. 
A warm welcome, glad to see your speed has now doubled as per our Volt speed boost and benefits by the way. 🙂

As we value all members in our community, please feel free to post back here in case you experience an issue or need help in the future.

Our forum staff as well as our very insightful members (like Client62 above) will always be eager to jump in and offer support or advice.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs