cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from M350 to M500 but download speed dropped dramatically

jimmy88
Tuning in

My broadband was upgraded from M350 to M500 recently due to my O2 mobile package and the VOLT upgrade. However, post the broadband upgrade my download speed has dropped drastically. I can now barely achieve 80Mbps down though my upload is at 52Mbps. My computer is wired to an ethernet switch which in turn is wired to draytek router which in turn is wired to the cable modem which is running in modem mode (I do not need the cable modem wifi capabilities). Any pointers? Checking the cable modem config I have the following:

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
cmreg-vmdg505-bbt053-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID21766
Max Traffic Rate575000085
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID21765
Max Traffic Rate55000085
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst42600
Scheduling TypeBestEffort

Prior to the upgrade I was getting pretty close to the M350 speeds with no issues. If there is nothing I can do from my end I will call Virgin Media technical support...

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See my reply to a similar post 0 here...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/I-feel-I-have-been-lied-to-aboit-internet-speed/td-p/5343...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jimmy88
Tuning in

Checked all my networking kit and it was all looking ok. In the end raised a technical support call and virgin magically fixed the speed issue at their end on the same day. Glad it was quick to fix.