cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 350 to 1gbs

gadget73a
Tuning in

Hi 

currently on the 350 broadband just been offered a good offer to get the 1gbs which i'm considering 

for anyone whose upgraded from the 350 to 1gbs is it an automatic upgrade or does an engineer need to come and do whatever ? i understand i would need a new router but is it self install or not.

Last question if i found i wasn't getting a huge increase in speed i've seen people mention little or no increase or getting nowhere near 1gbs can i go back to the old tariff within 14 days or so ? i know you get a cooling off period with new contracts not so sure about upgrades 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

May well be self installation for your new hub 4/5. They will advise.

Yes still a 14 day cooling off period with upgrades. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Super solver

May well be self installation for your new hub 4/5. They will advise.

Yes still a 14 day cooling off period with upgrades. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

sayekm
Fibre optic

I am on a very good price M350 Volt and option to bump to 1Gig for extra £10 but I have no intention of spending the extra £10 so can brag to mates. Ask yourself do you really need 1Gig?? 

Ofcourse there will be an increase to both wired and Wi-Fi but that depends on many factors which is another story. Most complain is about Wi-Fi using Virgin supplied router. The happy customers are using their own router.

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

i agree its a close decision and it depends if your going to be using that amount of speed or need it. 

my other worry is that they expect me to do another 18 month contract i have a pretty good deal atm do i want to commit to another 18 months though hmmm

as i'm upgrading mid way through contract will all my discounts i have for tv continue the current contract runs out decmber 2024 

by the looks of the new contract they have fixed my current price and then added 8 quid on for 1gbs which is okish 

decisions decisions 

You will need to double check if new contract or just a revised contract. I upgraded from M100 to M200 Omph a while ago mid contract and it did not create a new 18m contract.

If I was to make good use of the 1Gig I would consider it...but don't do it just to see the speedtest on your phone 😀

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

its defaintely a new contracrt ie another 18 month it gives me the total amount per month and how much it will be at the end of the 18 month

agreed about whether i actually need it thats where the hesitation is along with the new contract i've just had an email saying city fibre will be in the area no idea when but probably sometime next year.

i probably would use it as i use alot of  gadgets ipad xbox ps5 apple tv etc 

i'll have a think about it