cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload drops out every few minutes for 10-20 seconds at a time

joe4465
Joining in

Hi,

For the past year or so, our upload totally drops for around 10-20 seconds every few minutes, this makes video calls and gaming impossible.

I've tried:

• restarting the hub
  • replacing the hub (free upgrade from virgin)
  • running the hub in modem only mode with a seperate wifi router
  • both wired and wifi

I've had BQM running for a while but I think it looks fine?

BQM

Please help!

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Perhaps you could post the modem stats (upstream/downstream & network logs).  Then we might spot something that isn't right.

We'd be looking for upstream modulation fluctuations or high power levels.

The Forum Team take a couple of days to get to a post and any additional evidence you post here will assist your case.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi joe4465

Thanks for your post, welcome back to the forums!

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your connection. Your BQM looks spot on to be honest, are you noticing an intermittent connection across both wired and wireless devices?

We've tried to run further diagnostics but it looks like you may be in modem mode. If you could please pop back into router mode when you get the chance and let us know if the issues persist, and we can then run further tests to see what may be causing this.

Keep us posted 😊

Beth

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

I presume that they want to rule out your equipment as a drop out cause.   But here’s the catch: it’ll be just your luck that when they are checking (the couple of minutes allocated to that task), all will be well and we are no further forward. If you are not using a Hub 5X, Do pls take my advice and post your modem stats particularly if you do it during an outage.  The community is good at this and the elders know their stuff. 

Regarding your setup-please describe it and reconfirm that both WiF and Ethernet cut out fot those 30 or so seconds. The BQM should have reflected the dropout and indeed it is too goodto be true unless you are on Full fibre ( and the I wouldn’t expect modem mode to work). 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)