cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD - Buffering

mick_duffin
Tuning in

Hi,

So been with Virgin for a month or so.. it all seems to be working OK except the recent outages... anyway noticed that when we're watching iPlayer and UHD content it buffers.. well I say buffers it just stops playing, we go out of the programme then back in and it will play fine for a few minutes.. then it will do the same again.... checked the speeds with Sam knows and all are good, the TV where iPlayer is running from is on wifi but its not too far away from the router and showing full signal... we previously used Plusnet and didn't have any of these issues...

Anyone else had similar issues and managed to resolve them?

Thanks,

Mick.  

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

May well be just a wifi issue - despite you experience with other providers. 

As the TV is close to the Hub, connect the two on a good Cat6a ethernet cable and see if that cures it.  If it does, just make that connection "permanent"

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello mick_duffin,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear about the buffering on the UHD content, Does this happen on HD content as well?

As @jbrennand has advised, Have you tried with a Cat6a cable direct from the Hub to the TV?

If so has this resolved the issue?

Can you please let us know if we still need to take a look at this?

Gareth_L