cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed drops below 50mbps

Brandonn
Joining in

My download speed recently has been quite a bit of a pain, it’s been going on for two weeks now as I’ve noticed that the download speeds are fine for usually 30 minutes after start up 350mbps then goes to a sudden drop, I’ve tried everything that’s suggested and checked the wires which seem fine enough. I’m the only one who’s using as it’s mine and I use it for gaming but now I’m paying £41.88 with the new upcharge I deserve for it to be fixed. Can anyone help please? 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.
The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Hello, I’m just getting in touch with you here now to confirm that a technician has come out to run a test and the problem has been solved. The issue was according to the technician is that there's a problem with the signal going into the house and we need a new wire under the concrete putting in, an issue I have now is I can’t get through to any support number to speak with someone direct about this to confirm further if the technician has actually booked/addressed the issue like he said he would? 

Hi @Brandonn 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issue with the broadband and I am glad the engineer managed to find the issue.

The date for the repull has indeed been booked in.

If you check the online account this should show the visit :).

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill