cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked Virgin Media Account

oldbrad
On our wavelength

Received genuine looking email bill, but srom a gmail account not virginmedia so definitely a scam.

The BAD news is it is showing my correct virginmedia account details.

MY ACCOUNT IS HACKED

It is impossible to contact virgin customer service so I am flagging a firm warning here.

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi oldbrad, thanks for posting on our help forums and sorry to hear of this issue with the email you received which could be a scam potentially.

Please, have a read here for more on these incidents and what to do in case you believe your info has been compromised.

Also, on this link here you'll find more on what to do and stop spams from being received, hopefully this will help too.

Can we please ask if you had any interaction with this email you're querying?

Lastly, would it be possible to post a screenshot where we can view the message you received and the email you got this from as we'd be able to advise more if we know this?

We're eager to help, please let us know.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

oldbrad
On our wavelength

Thanks for the response. I was mistaken about the account details, the only genuine item was in fact the area ref, the rest was random.

I am not in the habit of clicking links in ANY email, never mind those from VM,  my bank or my friends and family.

My reason for posting was more a dig at VM who, despite my loyal custom, still think its good business to make it impossible to contact anything resembling customer service.

Any one receiving similar phishing attempts should forward them here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/phishing-scams/report-scam-email

It's a complete waste of time trying to warn VM directly.

Hi Oldbrad 👋 thank you for returning to the thread to keep it updated. 

Sorry to hear your feedback regarding your experiences getting in touch with us and requesting support. We do hope your experience in this case via the forum has been better for you. If you ever have any further issues please do feel free to return to the community and we will do our best to help! 

Thank you for confirming the extra information about the email, and that you were able to identify the email was not genuine. Hopefully the support articles posted above by my colleague were also of use! (👉 My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help and 👉 How to stop spam e-mails | Virgin Media Help). 
Please let us know if there is anything outstanding you need our support with and we will do our best to help! 
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Feels like I have something similar - but not sure what the email looks like in this case.  How do I see the screenshot? 

Curious that it follows many "problems" with my blueyonder email account.  Too many to go into here / now but not helped by the references to various generation names of email addresses in the guidance / advice articles AND coincidentally around the time of the great crash when VMail "went away". 

How can I check the position?