cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe not working

JamieRose
Joining in

I only joined VM 3 days ago and I am already having trouble! The child safe feature is doing absolutely nothing! I was with nowtv for 6 years and there safety features were excellent. If thus is not resolved with in the next few days I will be switching back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FlockWallpaper
Dialled in

@JamieRose wrote:

I only joined VM 3 days ago and I am already having trouble! The child safe feature is doing absolutely nothing! I was with nowtv for 6 years and there safety features were excellent. If thus is not resolved with in the next few days I will be switching back.

Call VM tomorrow and cancel, don’t threaten to do so, or be fobbed off with ‘promises’, just do it and go back to your previous supplier. You have 14 days from your install date to do this without penalty.

Take a look at the many other threads on here regarding web filtering and how it just isn’t working - so it’s not just you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Looks like you be switching back

or you can set DNS per device to use 1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3

---------------------------------------------------------------

FlockWallpaper
Dialled in

@JamieRose wrote:

Call VM tomorrow and cancel, don’t threaten to do so, or be fobbed off with ‘promises’, just do it and go back to your previous supplier. You have 14 days from your install date to do this without penalty.

Take a look at the many other threads on here regarding web filtering and how it just isn’t working - so it’s not just you.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Web Safe requires the device be configured to use Virgin Media's DNS; this is usually the case unless DNS is manually set via third-party Wi-Fi router and / or on the device. To determine if the correct DNS is being used go to https://1.1.1.1/help and confirm AS Name value is reported as Virgin Media.

NB  be aware that Web Safe does not automatically re-direct to available safe search page of search engine

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks