cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media Outside cable box’s cable and connector are exposed.

drl3
Tuning in

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpeg

Hi, 

I have just noticed that the Virgin media’s outside cable box has all its connectors (splitter and wire) exposed to the weather. The splitter does not go back inside the box, because the coaxial cable that feeds into my house is way too short. 

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Put the splitter back in the box and close it with a cable tie, or call VM customer services.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

drl3
Tuning in

IMG_0569.jpeg

 Thanks 

Hi Tudor, I tried to put the splitter back, but the coaxial cable that feeds into the house in way too short, which pulls the splitter out of the box. The coaxial wire that feeds inside the house barely comes out the internal wall. I have attached this picture for clarity. 

drl3
Tuning in

Hi, 

I have just noticed that the Virgin media’s outside cable box has all its connectors (splitter and wire) exposed to the weather. The splitter does not go back inside the box, because the coaxial cable that feeds into my house is way too short. 

The coaxial wire that goes inside the house is too short which pulls the Splitter out of the box.The coaxial wire that goes inside the house is too short which pulls the Splitter out of the box.IMG_0567.jpegInside coaxial feed is too shortInside coaxial feed is too short

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey drl3,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your cabling and omni-box, I can arrange a technician appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

drl3
Tuning in

Hi Steven,

Thank you for getting back to me. Beth has already booked an engineer for this week to resolve this issue.

Best wishes,

D

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome drl3 and please let us know how the visit goes, if you get the chance to do so.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

drl3
Tuning in

All sorted! Thank you Beth 👍 and Steven 👍 

Hi drl3, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community and update us on things. 

We're really glad to hear that things are resolved for you now. 🤩 If you have any further issues going forward then you know where we are.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs