cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service

phantqm
Joining in

I signed up back in December. Installation pushed back, then back again to March due to a construction issue which I thought fair enough. Shouldn’t take 3 months though. 

I had worked for VM for 10 years i. the past so I know these things happen. Had another email and text this morning saying that’s it’s now been put on hold further. 

Not being willing to wait any more, I rang to cancel the order. I chose the option to cancel an order, spoke to someone who then put me through to the pre install cancellation team (which is the option I chose in the first place but there we go). After passing DPA checks I was hung up on.

So I called back, repeated the same as above only to be hung up on again. 40 minutes of my morning wasted. 

I just want to get the order cancelled. Why do Virgin think it’s ok to treat customers like this still? If someone wants to cancel just let them do it.  

Is there anyone who can help here as I’m getting stressed out by it now. I’d rather stay with Talk Talk. Their internet is slower but at least  it’s here, it works and their customer service has been light years better than what I have experienced so far. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you have just seen how todays VM works - if you worked for them it must have been a while ago as they have been this bad for a long time

you might get through to someone who sorts it - no one on here can - well they can be generally refuse to

if your original order has an install date then just screw them - take their money and run - they owe you £6 ish for each day past that original install date up to when they finally get you up and running - you might have to go to the arbitrator but you will get it - once its installed keep it or cancel in the 14 day cooling off period

now or then the best way to cancel is via a recorded delivery signed for letter - other than that offshore will ignore you - hang up on you or say its gone through and likely has not

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you have just seen how todays VM works - if you worked for them it must have been a while ago as they have been this bad for a long time

you might get through to someone who sorts it - no one on here can - well they can be generally refuse to

if your original order has an install date then just screw them - take their money and run - they owe you £6 ish for each day past that original install date up to when they finally get you up and running - you might have to go to the arbitrator but you will get it - once its installed keep it or cancel in the 14 day cooling off period

now or then the best way to cancel is via a recorded delivery signed for letter - other than that offshore will ignore you - hang up on you or say its gone through and likely has not

Tony.
Sacked VIP

2017 I stopped working there. Nothing has changed it seems. 

I’ll just leave it then and take their money. That offshore call centre is a joke. They couldn’t be nicer until you say you want to cancel and are firm about it. They they just hang up. Protecting their KPI clearly matters more than putting customers first. Can’t wait to get rid and it hasn’t even been installed. 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi phantqm,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, really sorry to see your install which you signed up for in December has been rescheduled again due to construction issues and that you have been unable to cancel the install, so I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.