cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - Router not delivered

Unhygienix
Joining in

Hello,

Myself and my wife work from home. We are a new broadband customer (2GB) and while our broadband line is installed, our Router never arrived. We purchased VM 6 days ago. We desperately need this revolved.

Regards,

Gary

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Gary,

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 and ask them to check up.

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Unhygienix 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t received  your order, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so please check out the little envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your screen for a private message from me

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Unhygienix
Joining in

All resolved (well almost). Router finally arrived and after a delay, was activated. Last problem I had is that the new routers are IPv6 configured so you CANNOT put them into Modem mode. Yes, I did get the IPv4 config pushed to my router by VM Tech Support but to no avail. Was a real challenge to try to get them to work with my Orbi Mesh network. In the end I just configured the Orbi's as Access Points and left the VM router as is. Far from ideal given the price point of my Orbi solution, but no way I can deal with the hassle (and possible downtime) of moving back to Digiweb from VM.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to see you are still having issues, but at least you are connected now.  You need to get back onto tech support re the ip4 config. Unfortunately these forums are for VM UK customers and have no affiliation with VM, they are different systems and companies so forum staff won't be able to help. One or two of the forum regulars may be able to give you a few pointers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali