cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside work needed!

JTGoodall
Tuning in

Hi everyone,

I signed up for Virgin Media on the 8th November. We got given an install date which was the 28th November. A few days prior to that we got a cancellation text saying that the outside work(cable) still wasn’t complete so it got pushed back to the 6th December. The field team came out and fit our cable and assured us everything was done. The day after a ‘site surveyor’ came out and realised there wasn’t any lights on the omni box outside so our install would have to be pushed back to tbe 18th December. 

I rang up on the 15th December and they assured me that the outside work had been completed and we would have full internet on the 18th December(this is when our old provider was disconnecting us). The technician came out on the 18th December and lo and behold he find out that the lights were still off on the box outside. I asked him why the site surveyor wouldn’t have reported this so the relevant field team could come dig up the road and fix the service outside. He couldn’t answer this and told me to ring the pre install team(who I had spoken to about 8 times before). The pre install team told me that the person I spoke to on the phone before basically lied to me to keep me happy and we wouldn’t be able to have any internet until after Christmas. He also said he had sent the relevant email to the exterior field team so they can come and fix the service problem.

On the 22nd we got given a date for install which was the 6th January. I rang up on the 5th to again make sure all the outside work had been completed because otherwise the trip would be wasted on the technician on the 6th. We were assured(again) that the outside work was completed on the 4th so we would have full internet on the 6th as planned.

The technician turned up on the 6th January(he was the best person I had spoken to from Virgin media since the start). He tested the box (AGAIN NO LIGHTS) he told me that the problem wasn’t the fibre cable to our house it was the whole service at the top of the road. He sat in the van for about an hour trying to get through to networking where he raised a ticket that we had a problem with our whole service. 

I got a call from pre install on Tuesday 9th of January asking what problems we were having.(I had to explain the whole story again for the 8th time). She herself couldn’t understand why it had took this long to be notified there was a problem with the service when we had already had a site surveyor and 2 technicians out. She allocated me a technician for the 10th January so they could come out and look where exactly the problem was. The technician came out and low and behold saw there was no lights on the box and he said the problem was from the road and he would speak to his boss so he could notify the field team that the road needed digging up to fix the service. 

Before writing this I had just rang the pre install team again. They again had no clue what was going on but they would EMAIL the field team(outside contractors) telling them the work needs repairing on the road. After this being the 4th email what’s been sent to the field team I am completely stuck what to do next. If they can’t read or reply to 3 emails then a fourth or even 20 emails isn’t going to do anything either. Judging by the 3rd party company don’t take incoming calls(most likely because there phone would blow up from complaints) 

The bottom line is I’m still without internet and have been from the 18th December. The pre install don’t even have a clue what’s going on and they’re basically saying I need to wait for the service to be fixed. Baring in mind one of them has told me it could be a weeks wait or even months. 

I’ve never dealt with a more unorganised company in my life and at this point I am unsure of what to do next because I’m just being given false promises and lies.

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

Regards,

James

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See my reply here...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Installation-delay/td-p/5468301

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JTGoodall

We're really sorry to hear of the delays and problems getting support with your installation, this clearly isn't the experience or level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Outside work being required can delay an installation, this is due to the potential permission required from the local authority or neighbours (not the case from what you have said in your post) as we are then relying on a third party to be able to complete the work. Have you had any contact via email since posting with any updates on this at all, we've tried locating your account from the forum details to check but have been unable to locate an account.

Rob

Hi, 

No I still haven’t had any email or update regarding completion. All I keep getting told is ‘it won’t be much longer’ or ‘we have no option but to wait to see if builds responds to our email’

Okay I am sorry to hear this , let me send you a PM and we can take a look into this 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?