cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin available at address

jrcs1981
Joining in

We are all set to move house on the 2nd May, we have just looked at what connections are avaiable, but the section of the street we are moving to is not available, why is this, I know there are quite a few people on this section of the street who would be intersted in being connected. NR5 0NF

The red lines have VM, the highlighed yellow can't get it.

jrcs1981_0-1711638767745.png

What are the chances or being serviced?

2 REPLIES 2

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

When the houses in your street were built the cable operator (not VM) may have been invited to cable it but for whatever reason declined to do so. Perhaps this would have required an additional cabinet which would not have been cost effective. I fear that it is unlikely that the network will extend to your streeet.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jrcs1981 wrote:

We are all set to move house on the 2nd May, we have just looked at what connections are avaiable, but the section of the street we are moving to is not available, why is this, I know there are quite a few people on this section of the street who would be intersted in being connected. NR5 0NF

The red lines have VM, the highlighed yellow can't get it.

jrcs1981_0-1711638767745.png

What are the chances or being serviced?

At the moment, no.

Your area is legacy 1990s HFC network build (so will have been many years pre-Virgin), this network is not expandable without considerable expense & also can only accommodate a finite number of connections.

VM is overbuilding the legacy network with full fibre between now & 2028, & may even be able to use Openreach ducting when this happens. In which case the existing infrastructure may be useable.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks