cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build not activated to move my account over

Craig12345
Joining in

Hi guys,

I’m moving into a new build property at the end of the week and want to take my Virgin account with me. Virgin is installed into the property and it has Virgin fixings throughout the house. I can’t switch online as it tells me Virgin isn’t in the area yet so I’ve called (about 8 times now), with my first call being over a month ago and just keep getting told they will investigate and call me back tomorrow. Nobody ever calls back. I’ve cancelled today out of frustration, so this is a last throw of the dice before I setup with someone else.

for the record, the house at either end of the new street are able to get Virgin, it’s just us in the middle houses that can’t, I assume these 2 houses are connected to the adjacent roads connection?

Appreciate any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So your new property has all the VM fittings, but no service?  Very strange indeed.  

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday  and explain.  They may be able to help?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I called, they popped me through to someone else who filled out the same form everyone already did so not holding my breath on that one! Thanks anyway

Craig12345
Joining in

Noting else I can do to make this work?

Hi Craig12345,

Thanks for posting this on our Community Forums, I am sorry you're struggling with this seemingly complex and frustrating issue 😥

I understand you're moving home and you want to take your services with you to the new property, it has all of the internal wiring for our service but for some unknown reason you can't get installed. 

Can I ask if there is a brown box on your external wall of your new home please? (This is called an Omni Box)

What have you learnt from speaking to the other Teams about this? 

Have you got an Installation Complaint open at the moment? 

Thanks,

Megan