cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 power issue

SirThomas
Up to speed

Hello chaps (this'll be one for the VM staff) 🙂

I'd (called) this issue in some time ago, but as it's intermittent.. I'm only taking the time to raise it again on here now - Plus, the call centre had no idea what I was trying to convey the first time around!

Basically, my Hub5 has a dodgy power switch. If I don't breathe near it and promise not to move it - It'll stay up for ages. However, if I do ever need to reboot the modem or if there's a powercut - It's a mighty pain to get it back online. You'll get it to stay on for a few minutes and then need to go back five minutes later as it cuts out - I guess there's a loose solder joint or something.

Can I have a replacement please? 🙂

FYI: Yes, I've proven that it's not DC adaptor related by swapping these over.

Thanks!
Tom

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

While you wait for a VM staff member how about using some insulation tape to make sure the switch cannot more. In any case you should not have to turn it off and on. In two years I have only power cycled my hub once and then using the mains switch.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the hub. 

so I can help I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message Tom,

Let us know how the technician visit goes.

Alex_Rm