cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you actually start a customer service 'chat' on WhatsApp?

k1s
On our wavelength

When I click on contact us from the home page I see this:

k1s_1-1694700183647.png

...but clicking on 'Live chat does nothing except highlight it.

From My Account page, if I click Help & Support it takes me to a page without any contact options.   

If I click "No, I need more help", I see this:

k1s_2-1694700477231.png

...bit when I click 'WhatsApp', I get a message saying: "Scan the QR code or click on the WhatsApp icon to start a conversation", but there's no code, and I literally just clicked the icon:

k1s_4-1694700627456.png

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI k1s 

You can speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

There is also a live messenger chat on the following page 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Is this in relation to your other forum post regarding a pre-installation query <<< here >>> ?

If so, have you tried speaking to pre-installs on 0800 052 1734 ? They are open 8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

EDIT - Also try this page  https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/contact-us 

Click on the Message us icon and a page opens with a barcode (as below)  It may be that you have tried that before and the pop up hasn't appeared because you have a pop up blocker enabled in your browser.

message us.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

k1s
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply,

I'll try the direct WhatsApp.  Is 0800 052 1734 the same contact centre as the 0345 454 1111 contact centre [run by Capgemini]?

@newapollo wrote:

There is also a live messenger chat on the following page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

The 'Chat to us online' icon/button on that page also behaves like the 'Live chat' on the home page. i.e. clicking on does nothing except highlight it.

LiveChatButtonDoesn'tWork.gif

Hey k1s, thank you for reaching out and all our customer service team runs under one division we are all the same however we work under different factors.

So the WhatsApp team is the same as the contact centre however they do it digitally rather than a phone.

Did you manage to get through to us at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

k1s
On our wavelength

@Matthew_ML wrote:

Hey k1s, thank you for reaching out and all our customer service team runs under one division we are all the same however we work under different factors.

So the WhatsApp team is the same as the contact centre however they do it digitally rather than a phone.

Did you manage to get through to us at all? Cheers 

Not online - as shown in the pictures above, it appears to be impossible.  Via WhatsApp, I was able to get through, but after all the password shenanigans, and 4.5 hours of waiting I got this nonsense response [verbatim]:

"ater reading the note on the account i do the prepull work is already going on today which is the 15th however i was trying to book the technician to fix the wiring and also installation team would reach out to you to gte this fixed .since the installation was delayed"

As soon as I asked for clarification - i.e. was he/she saying they came to do outside work that day (because apparently nobody was here or at the junction box up the road), I was cut off with this message: 

"Sorry we seem to have missed you! If you would like to continue your conversation today, just let me know. Please select below 1) Yes, continue ✔ 2) No, I am finished" I selected 1 but got no further reply, and had to start again the next day.