cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t have the right wall socket

ellamclean
Joining in

I’m and trying to set up my quick start virgin package but the cables provided don’t match the wall socket. Can I get an adapter or do I need an engineer to come out and fit a new socket? Picture included of current setup and what the cable virgin provided. 

Finding it hard to talk to a real person on the phone or find info online. Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ellamclean 

VM only send out the QuickStart pack if the premises previously had VM.

The previous occupiers may have removed the VM box and cables.  The internal boxes may have the NTL or Telewest insignia on instead of VM , if so they are names of the original cable telco's and should work.

There should be an external omnibox, often brown or gray, If there is then try tracing the cable/s from it to see if there is an actual internal connection point..

If all that fails then call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 and asked for a manned installation.

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @ellamclean Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to see the issues with the installation. 😢
That socket is a BT Openreach socket and will not work with the VM services.

You will have a Telewest / NTL / Virgin Media socket for the services to be placed in - if not, let us know and we'll arrange this to be done.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs