cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation with no current broadband

SLP123
Joining in

I ordered Broadband with Virgin Media just before Christmas (23/12/23) after moving into my first home. As expected, the first possible instillation date was not for 3 weeks on 11/01/24. Fine, I’ll just have to figure out how to live temporarily without internet.

Unfortunately my instillation date was delayed 2 weeks (now 25/01/24) which is frustrating since I didn’t have broadband installed - I’m not moving network but having to live without internet (something I didn’t realise was very important).

Come to the rearranged instillation date (today) and the morning slot (8:00-13:00) has come and gone with no sign of anyone. Now I’m more than frustrated at both the lack of broadband and lack of communication. I’ve taken time off work to be here and nothing. I’ve now had to go find somewhere with free Wi-Fi to find out why nobody has turned up but can’t see anything so I’m posting here.

Is someone going to come and install the fibre cable? Will I eventually get broadband from virgin media or am I going to have to look elsewhere? Will compensation be given or just a measly apology (if I’m lucky)?

Any words of encouragement, suggestions of who to contact or ways to solve my issue would be gratefully appreciated.

- Stephenie

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you trying the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 - what are they saying ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

SLP123
Joining in

Phoned and eventually got through to the correct team for them to tell me somehow the order was cancelled but they’re not sure why. Next available instillation date was another 2 weeks away but they offered me a discount so I accepted. Said they would send an email to confirm (even checked my email address was correct) but no email has been received and the date of installation has not changed on my account. I’m starting to see why people would not recommend Virgin Media…

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SLP123 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am so sorry to hear your install has been delayed. Appreciate it isn't the best start!

I'll pop you a PM 📩 so we can take a closer look into this for you and provide an update.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs