cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connected no internet

jelly2022
Tuning in

Any advice please? Despite my Phone being connected several devices (Xbox, fire stick) keep saying WiFi connected no internet resulting in very grumpy teenagers. I've rebooted the hub but the problem persists. 

20 REPLIES 20

Client62
Legend

Having the Hub Wi-Fi set to Auto channel selection caused random dropouts for us.

Try with the 2.4Ghz Channel set to 1 or 6 or 11, and with the 5 GHz Channel set to 36 or 44.

jelly2022
Tuning in

I can't even access the hub now to change the channels

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 15.59.06.png

Starting to think that something is wrong with the hub itself

Client62
Legend

Try the Hub again it is at : http://192.168.0.1/  

1000021397.png

 that was the IP I tried. Also tried from clicking your link directly in case I had mistyped it. 😞

Client62
Legend

I included a link as in the earlier screen shot the address for the Hub had a typo in it.

Use a web browser without a VPN / Adblocker / Apple Relay or Private Browsing

I just clicked on the link and below is what I see from my HP PC ...

Client62_0-1710580051489.png

jelly2022
Tuning in

Thanks for your help with this!

I've deactivated all my extensions and tried a different browser and tried accessing it from my phone and the page just won't load. 

Client62
Legend

Try the same in a laptop browser or a games console browser.  Again with all VPNs et al turned OFF.

Can you Ping 192.168.0.1     ?    if not you still have some kind of VPN / Proxy / Relay in operation.

jelly2022
Tuning in

Finally managed to get in and change the channels. The same issue persists 😞

Client62
Legend

Wi-Fi is a two way process, looking at the mobile / laptop we only see the signal strength from the Hub.

In the Hub 3 menu home page there is an option Network diagnostic tool, if you run this does is report a poor signal from the devices that are having issues i.e. is a Wi-Fi Mesh or some Access Points required to cover your home.

For us a Hub 3 in Router mode + 2 Wi-Fi Access Points are required to cover the both levels and a dozen rooms.