cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connected no internet

jelly2022
Tuning in

Any advice please? Despite my Phone being connected several devices (Xbox, fire stick) keep saying WiFi connected no internet resulting in very grumpy teenagers. I've rebooted the hub but the problem persists. 

20 REPLIES 20

jelly2022
Tuning in

Ah ok. So it lists a lot of devices that it says has low signal strength and they should be moved closer to the hub. I already have a mesh extender and these devices have been working fine until recently 😞

Hey jelly2022, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look and I can't see any major issues, how has the connection been over the weekend?

Have you seen an improvement at all? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jelly2022
Tuning in

Hi, the Xbox and one fire stick seems to be more stable having implemented some of the ideas above. The internet still seems very patchy though saying 'connected no internet' despite other things being connected in the same room

Hi @jelly2022, thank you for your response.

We're sorry to hear the internet still seems vary patchy 😔

Have you tried running checks on the Virgin Media Connect app? If so, is it detecting any issues and providing advice on how best to resolve them?

You can access the app by clicking here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

jelly2022
Tuning in

Hi,

Yes I have, often it thinks I'm not even at home so can't run the checks. I'm at home now and I've attached two screen shots, first one shows what I see if I turn my data off and the other with it on. Although I am not stood right next to the hub right now I should be able to get decent internet access in this room.

1000021612.png

1000021613.png

Thank you @jelly2022 

Have you made any changes to the Hub settings such as splitting the 5ghz and 2.4ghz frequencies? The app does need these to remain connected as one to work.

The hub has been split into these two frequencies for over a year and I need them to be split as I have some items which require a different frequency. It's worked perfectly well for a year until recently. 

Thank you @jelly2022 

In order for the connect app to work the two frequencies would need to be connected, are you able to run some tests while they are joined? You can split them again afterwards?

I can reconnect them. When you say connect app do you mean through the virgin media app?

The connect app is a separate app that can be used to test a connection in your home, you can learn about this here

Are you able to run some tests using this app?