cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Connected but No Internet

TomE0511
Joining in

Hi all,

I use a Hub 3 I think, on a 5Gz network. For 2 days now I have had no internet access, it comes up as ‘No Internet Connection’ even though it is at full signal and connects to all my devices. I have tried rebooting the hub several times, turning it off and on again, and simply waiting, no luck in getting it working. 

when I try to test my connection through the Virgin media ‘Test hub’ service, it comes up with a message saying ‘sorry, we cannot run a test on your services right now’. There are no known broadband issues nearby, only TV issues, which I don’t use. 

when I call Virgin, the bot is completely useless and is of no help. And when I go to live chat on the site, it tells me the same thing over and over, just ‘reset or reboot’ it. I have never had an issue this bad with Virgin before but honestly, right before the end of the tax year where I have a lot to do, it is incredibly inconvenient and it makes me want to switch providers. 

please can I have some help on how to get it running again. 

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TomE0511,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you have had no Internet connection for a couple of days prior to your post, I was unable to locate you with the details we have for you, how are things now, are your services now back up and running?

Regards

Paul.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check first for any “known network faults in your location - call the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

If nothing is showing on there, what are they saying when you get a human!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.