cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 12.40.11 of Connect app has lost connection type detail

Almedia
Dialled in

Hi, does anyone know why the latest version of the Connect app (as of 14/11/23) no longer displays the connection type of the device? i.e. “Ethernet” or “WiFi name”. Just curious as I can’t see why this detail would be omitted.

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Almedia 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry that you are facing this issue with the connect app, can I just check have you been able to try clearing cache and data and then rebooting the app?

Hi Ashleigh, thank you for your reply. I have looked in Settings in the VM Connect app but I can’t currently find anywhere where I can clear cache and data. I have completely removed the app and then freshly downloaded the app again, but the section for each device that displays the connection status is missing which seems very odd.

Hi Almedia, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connect app. 

Can you confirm if this works on another device  and if the device you are currently using has the latest software? 

If you have a pod can you switch the pod  on and off to see if anything changes? 

Chris. 

Hi DrinksMenu, thank you for your reply.

I do find it frustrating that despite my efforts to describe my observation in what I believe to be clear detail, the response I receive is disappointingly completely missing the point as you say. All I needed to hear from someone “in the know” was that this particular detail regarding how a device is connected to the hub or wifi pod has been removed for whatever reason from the Connect app. Of course I am well aware of how my devices are connected and do not require such confirmation but it just seemed odd that it suddenly disappeared without trace following a recent app update. I always keep my software and firmware updated but sadly, as you rightly note, the Connect app has been lacking for a long time for various reasons. I have to be very selective about what info I can reliably extract from it and I have never got the impression that it has been given the knowledgable attention to detail that it should have in its design, given that VM give it such a high billing as part of their home broadband setup. I guess that won’t change anytime soon sadly.