cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Fee

Spartacus1
Tuning in

I’m already a customer with M250 fibre broadband, looking to upgrade to 1 Gig but says I need to pay £35 to activate, whereas new customers don’t need to pay the fee. Appreciate I need a new hub, but don’t see why I pay and newbies don’t . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try to get a pod as part of your upgrade pack otherwise it can be a pain.

1 Gig - WiFi Max up to 3 pods  but the criteria is less then 30mB download in any room and only 1 pod a time with 7 days between additional pod orders., If the Connect App is working you can check.  

Dark Knight

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Sure that you will notice any difference between M250 and Gig1 ?

Possibly , Sky puck keeps losing connection in back bedroom and we usually have 12-14 gadgets connected to M250

dhairbus
Dialled in

I agree that you should not pay to activate a new Hub when moving from m250 to 1 Gig the infrastructure is in place and a self install Hub should not be an additional charge to activate.

It's VM way - newbie gets all the benefits while loyal customers don't get the customer service that they deserve. VM customer Service is supposed to be improved following OFCOM  reports and VM commitments. VM statements/commitments  🤣 🤣

Dark Knight

Seems like a no brainer why is 1 Gig available if M250 is OK, of course you will get benefits.

Other option is 500mB with VOLT if you have O2 also.

Dark Knight

Yeah cheers, probably go for 1Gig, I believe Wi-Fi booster/ pod is available free too, instead of £8 a month on M250 

Try to get a pod as part of your upgrade pack otherwise it can be a pain.

1 Gig - WiFi Max up to 3 pods  but the criteria is less then 30mB download in any room and only 1 pod a time with 7 days between additional pod orders., If the Connect App is working you can check.  

Dark Knight