Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Hub 3 & Amber/Red on Tivio! Patchy internet

Papjim45
Tuning in

Hi

hope somebody can help please. 

I have tried to reboot, etc but the red light on Router bene there for a few days and some of the house items like mobiles, streaming Tv etc don't connect, others OK? 

The Hub is in the same place been for years, not hot nor is the room and I have given it space too. 

I am really worried as read after trying all things it should be replaced, I don't know what else to do now but patchy working cant be right?

Please can anybody help or have ideas

Thanks so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/
use the numeric HUB PASSWORD from the bottom side label. ( this is not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry. Is it Normal ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

From the Hub 3 menu, run the "Network diagnostic tool".   Is the Temperature Normal ?

Thank you, I have done the online tools and sadly no joy.

Client62
Legend

Login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/
use the numeric HUB PASSWORD from the bottom side label. ( this is not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry. Is it Normal ?

ok great, it says temperature is normal but has three devices it says low signal strength now, I knew temp was OK

Client62
Legend

Woa ... take a stiff drink and relax.     

My Hub 3 reports the same nonsense about Wi-Fi devices it is in the business of selling VM's ghastly Pods.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Papjim45 wrote:

Hi

hope somebody can help please. 

I have tried to reboot, etc but the red light on Router bene there for a few days and some of the house items like mobiles, streaming Tv etc don't connect, others OK? 

The Hub is in the same place been for years, not hot nor is the room and I have given it space too. 

I am really worried as read after trying all things it should be replaced, I don't know what else to do now but patchy working cant be right?

Please can anybody help or have ideas

Thanks so much

The red light on the hub is an overheat warning. Even if this is a false warning, it could hide a real issue which is a fire risk. Therefore company policy is to replace the hub. I will escalate this thread to the staff team so that they can get your details & arrange a replacement.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Papjim45 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing a red light on the Hub, along with some issues. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this, and assist you further.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks everybody for your help.

I now have a new Hub fitted by the engineer, back on the net and no red light. Hopefully all well again

So pleased, thanks again