cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order WiFi pod

sukh_d00
Joining in

Hi All 

can anyone advise how to order a WiFi pod? The app has stated my WiFi is poor and I am entitled to upto 3 pods as part of my contract. However, seems impossible to actually order one . 

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

see this first

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - if you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month for up to 3 pods (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point(s), (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

£40-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage. Spend more for additional advanced“features” - if required.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

G231G
Joining in

In order to get the pods you either have to pay and extra £8 a month or take out a sim only contract @£5 a month 18monts.

I have had the worst customer service from VM trying to get them to release the pods which I have technically paid for by taking out the sim only deal. They are absolute crooks and imbeciles!!!!

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sukh_d00

Thanks for posting in regards to ordering Pod's, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We can see you have spoken to the team since posting and this seems to have been resolved. If you need us in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob