cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old superhub 1?

Trev1972
Dialled in

Hey all

My hub has not been particularly reliable lately, it may work ok for a couple of weeks then drop out repeatedly for a few days.

I have been with virgin since they took over telewest communications.

I have had a look at the back of the router and it has the model number VMDG480 - is this the origonal super hub 1?

Do virgin simply not replace these until they give up or should i be able to get it replaced free?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If you refuse to use modem mode on it you can ask for a new hub if your are in modem mode but have problems then you need a new one 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Trev1972

Sorry to hear of the hub issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

It's unusual to hear of a customer with a legacy Hub, most customers were updated to either a Hub 3 or later depending on the tier of service they have. Is this the hub you have had since signing up? Has it never been discussed or any correspondence in regards to updating it been recieved?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM need to get that old Hub of the network and replace it with a Hub3/4/5.  It is faulty and also it is no longer fit for purpose as It cannot broadcast both wifi frequencies simultaneously and so its not working optimally for modern wifi devices.

@ModTeam  need to replace this for "free" as soon as possible.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.