cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet or TV -- 30 hours and counting [GU1 Guildford]

rkiley
Dialled in

I live in the GU1 areas and have had no broadband or TV since Thursday 7th at about 06.00.

Virgin Media acknowledge this, but keep saying it will be fixed by [10.00am, 12.00, 14.15, 18.00, 22.00, 10.00, 12.00) only to have to update their message.

Given that Virgin are in the communications industry, why cant they be a bit better at communicating -- and at least tell us:

a) what the problem is (I am guessing a hardware failure)

b) why it is taking so long to fix it (I am guessing they are having trouble sourcing replacement kit)

c) an honest assessment when it might be fixed.

Communicating effectively and honestly really isn't that hard to do.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried  the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

Maybe its turned out to be more complicated and difficult to fix... like this perhaps ? 😎

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

rkiley
Dialled in

Thanks -- It is now fixed.

My beef was that Virgin kept promising it would be fixed shortly. When I called 151 and confirmed that the phone was linked to the account, the message confirmed that they knew about the problem, but were far too optimistic in their fix time.

I would have preferred a more honest assessment -- even if they said, "we have no idea what the problem is -- and thus cant give a resolution time".  Instead, every couple of hours I would try to open a browser, only to be told there was no internet connection.

Sometimes it is better to under promise and over deliver.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey rkiley,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm glad that your issues have now been resolved, I will be sure to pass on all the feedback that you have provided in your original post.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L