cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband issues!

Bramz316
Tuning in

Hello!

brand new customer here, 2 days old. Moved over from sky. I have the virgin m350 broadband with tv.Tv is fine with no issues however we are annoyed to see that the broadband doesn’t even reach upstairs in our small 2 bed house! Modem is in the living room and is out in the open, not near anything else etc. our devices go back to mobile data when upstairs. I’ve tried the virgin media connect app and it tell me it cannot check as I’m apparently outside when I’m actually sitting on my bed in the room! 
my query is, is there any hints or tips or shall I leave it for a few days to “settle” in? 
thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

steveclifford54
On our wavelength

We bought a tp link extender box for about £30. It does job.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no setting in period.  Unless you are on one of the top tier Contracts, the VM Pods will be £8pm.  You might be better off buying your own Wifi extender that you can keep if you ever move ISP.

If the Connect app is not working correctly, you will have to wait a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply, just seems off that moving from working in every room sky 55mb broadband to virgin 350mb is worse. Shouldn’t have to pay out extra. 

Thank you I’ll have a look

Also, dont want to sound patronising, but even phones etc have to have new password in tbem, sometimes overlooked

In b and m they are doing the tp boxes for £20

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately the Wifi performance of any ISP device is not guaranteed for whole home coverage.  VM only guarantee 30Mb over Wifi in any case.  They do supply Pods, similar to BT's Disks and Sky's mini box mesh.  Personally I use my own Wifi Access Points, so I can move ISP's and it will not matter. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

WiFi range extender plug 300mbs for £20 that the one? How does it work does it just extend the network so to speak and devices stay on the virgin network or has it got its own

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Extenders, out of the box, will use their own SSID.  However it should be possible to rename this to be the same as the VM Hub and use the same password.  So this will allow devices to use whichever on is in Wifi range at the time.