cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HUb 3 has red light since I plugged it in

EEV
Joining in

Hi, I just installed my new Hub 3 today, this is a replacement to my old Virgin router.  I followed all instructions and kept waiting for light to go white, but it has been red since I plugged it in and hasn't changed.  My WIFI is working, but I'm just not sure why it on constant red light rather than white as stated in the instruction booklet.  I read that it could be because it overheating, but I find it odd that it has been like this since I plugged it in.  It is brand new out the box.

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

It's rented kit, so you won't always receive a new HUB.

This means it could be faulty 'out of the box'.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EEV 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In the first instance, can you please follow the below steps in the following order:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight
• Use the power switch to turn the unit back on

If after following the above steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, the router will need replacing.

Regards,
Daniel

EEV
Joining in

Hi Daniel, followed your instructions, red light still on when I switched back on have WIFI though. Box is warm.

Didn't know that!  I assumed it was a new HUB they were sending me as I upgraded the speed and they said I needed new router.

Hi @EEV, thank you for your response. 

We're sorry to hear that's the case 😔

In order to discuss replacing the router, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel